I am a reader, not a writer...

Recently while visiting family I was asked by a relative if/When I was writing a book. It took me by surprise because I have never considered writing a book, I have never kept a journal,  never even written a proper review. I love reading, but more than that I love books, as physical objects! They are beautiful, feel nice to hold, smell interesting, make pleasant little sounds as you turn a page , I have yet to taste a book but I have made some delicious recipes from them. With all that said, I have never even slightly wished to write a book. I don't have the discipline, dedication or inspiration it would take. I don't enjoy writing, I have terrible grammar and could care less about correcting it. I am not sure why being an avid reader equates to being an author, I can see why it would be beneficial for aspiring authors to be well read though. Really the only reason I write this blog or attempt reviews is, I like discussing books. I find most of my books through recommendations I get from book sites online but I really prefer reading those to writing them too, so I guess all in all I am a reader, not a writer and I'm ok with that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog